Pilgrim Pathways School is a highly inclusive school where we focus on the well-being and progress of every member of our school community and where all members are equal.
We meet the three aims of the general duty of the Equality Act 2010 and recognise that the Act covers all aspects of the schools work and establishes the nine strands or ‘protected characteristics’ relating to:
- AGE (not in terms of school pupils or prospective pupils)
- ETHNICITY & RACE
- GENDER IDENTITY & TRANSGENDER
- MARRIAGE & CIVIL PARTNERSHIP
- PREGNANCY, MATERNITY & BREASTFEEDING
- RELIGION & BELIEF
- SEXUAL IDENTITY & ORIENTATION
We recognise that these duties reflect international human rights standards as expressed in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, the UN Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities, and the Human Rights Act 1998.